"Betty Leopard": On my own again....

Saturday, 21 August 2010

On my own again....

For a second weekend in a row I am alone in the flat again (excluding the sleeping dog). I can't complain too much as it is partially by choice, in so much as I chose not to go on a badly organised campling trip in the rain where I would have to cram myself into a six man tent with around 9 other people and keep my fingers crossed that the camp site owners didn't notice. I did make some efforts to recruit a companion for this evening but unfortunately my friends are all otherwise engaged. Not entirely disappointing as it gives me time to do some things I've been putting off for a while.
I spent the majority of yesterday evening scouring eBay for interesting fabrics and other craft related things. I am fully intending to start creating my own accessories very soon. Hair clips, brooches, bags, cushion covers. Currently I am just accumulating inspirations and materials. There are some amazing fabrics available on eBay, cupcakes, lollies, ice cream, love hearts, strawberries, cherries, tea pots, and an almost infinite array of stars, stripes and spots. All very in-keeping with the 1950's, burlesque, tattoo inspired designs I hope to be able to create.
Today, instead of working (naughty naughty) I have been drawing and designing, so far mostly bags, based on inspiration from my friends and their personalities. So far I have created designs based on Jen, Jenny, Katie, Helen and Kirstin, and I'm pretty pleased with them. Hope they would be too :)
I've also been in search of inspiration from some of my favourite places and people; Clutterfly Jewellery, Vivien of Holloway, Anna Fur Laxis amongst others. (NB: Inspiration, in no way ripping off these wonderfully talented ladies). Almost ended up spending a fortune on shorts from VoH, but have restrained myself so far. I have just spent £35 on clutterfly this weekend :D
Think I might do a wish lists post soon, putting together some of my most desired objects in one place.
On a separate note, I've become slightly obsessed by skin care of late, prompted by a bout of bad skin recently. I've always been quite rigourous with my skin care regime, but have now added more regular exfoliation and face masks! I love face masks at the moment. Had one in a packet that I used first and it made my skin feel brilliant. After a fair amount of searching on the Boots website, I ended up buying Soap & Glory No Clogs Allowed Deep Pore Detox Mask. I love Soap & Glory products anyway, not least because of their cool vintage style, but this product is really good and I would fully recommend it. It gets really quite warm at first, which is very odd at first, and smells wonderfully refreshing (menthol I think). It recommends use once or twice a week, which is probably about right. It leaves my skin feeling gorgeous, which is pretty much what I was looking for! And there's something about face masks that feels wonderfully indulgent, and the glamourous, girly part of me loves being indulged :)
You can look like a bit of an alien while using it though. (Or a french mime if you use it while wearing a striped top and a black hat, oops).

Betty
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I do love your comments so please feel free to leave one :)