"Betty Leopard": Elmo Cupcakes

Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Elmo Cupcakes

This is a long overdue post, and a long overdue return to my maker-baker ways :)

These are the Elmo Cupcakes I made for my sister for her 23rd Birthday


I used the recipe for Vanilla Cupcakes from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook with the addition of sugar stars to the mix to make the cake more colourful (they didn't need to be stars but they were what I had). 
I was lazy and used a jar of Betty Crocker Vanilla Frosting, which is insanely artificial, but tastes and smells so good :) You can tell how artificial it is by the fact that it's vegan friendly.
The Elmo faces are edible ink printed on rice paper that I bought on eBay. The awesome hundreds and thousands were also from eBay, I just put some on a plate then roled the edges of the frosting in them.
They seemed to go down pretty well.


Thanks for stopping by,
Betty
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I do love your comments so please feel free to leave one :)