"Betty Leopard": Halloween Dress Up!

Sunday, 30 October 2011

Halloween Dress Up!

Yes, I still have more to write about Halloween. I wasn't kidding when I said it was my favourite occasion/celebration.
Last night we went to a Halloween cocktail party at a friends house. It wasn't a massive do, but it was good times with good people and an opportunity to get dressed up and indulge in a bit of spooky drink mixing. They had gone to a lot of effort in decorating the place, setting up games and providing food, which was awesome.
As much as I love dressing up, sometimes I do get a bit stressy about it, trying to come up with an awesome costume and pull it off properly. I had a few ideas I was toying with this year, but in the end I settled for a Dia de los Muertos theme, with fully painted face and a sort -of-vintage style outfit. My boy also went for a full paint job and went as a bit of a Witch-Doctor.


I was pretty happy with how my costume worked out. I do often consider buying full costumes for these things, but they can be expensive and are generally predictable and unnecessarily sexualised. I quite enjoy the process of throwing something together from my vast wardrobe, it's a good excuse to wear things that I might otherwise leave in the back of my wardrobe. The only things I had to buy for this look were the face paint and the gloves (which I totally love, may be breaking them out of the dressing up box and into my regular wear wardrobe!).
The dress was picked up on eBay, the necklace is M&S and the scarf is Topshop. I made the head-dress myself, out of netting I bought to make my own fascinators and a rose hair clip I've had for ages.

I had a very good time at the party. It was the first time in a while that I've had a drink on a night out and it was nice to let my hair down. Due to the clocks changing I have no idea what time we got to bed; it was either 1:30, 2:30 or 3:30 :/ Fortunately I woke up without a hangover, but I've been pretty tired all day and had a bit of a nap this afternoon (old lady).

I don't actually have plans for tomorrow, which feels very odd, as it;'s actually Halloween. I may just get dressed up for the sake of it, although I do have a doctors appointment and would definitely get some funny looks in the waiting room!

I hope you've all had a great weekend, Halloween filled or otherwise.
Love,
Betty
x

4 comments:

  1. Awww betty your outfit and make up is fabulous, hope you've had fun celebrating and happy halloween!


    Eda ♥

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to have that dress its so cool :)

    http://balladofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I really like the dress except I bought it a few months ago before I lost weight so I think it makes me look a little wider than I am now :/
    Ah well, it's still pretty.
    Betty
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how much I LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I do love your comments so please feel free to leave one :)