The People and Things that I am most Thankful for;
- I am thankful for my family. My mum and dad, who have always loved and supported me, put up with a lot of complaining and still tried to offer advice. My sister, even though we haven't always got along very well, you have been an important part of my life. My grandparenst, for being ridiculously generous and always proud.
- I am thankful for Pete (my boyfriend), for being supportive and understanding and caring, making me laugh and pushing me to be a better person, being there every day through thick and thin. I love you so much and am thankful every day you stick with me.
- I am thankful for Alf (our puppy) for his endless outpouring of (mostly) unconditional love, for being the best hot water bottle in the world, a constant source of amusement and making me smile just by being you.
- I am thankful for my therapist, he's the only therapist I've really got along with and (even though he gets paid or it) he listens to all my shit and has been so helpful, I don't know where I'd be without that help.
- I am thankful for my friends. I might not see you all as often as I would like to, but just knowing you are my friends means a lot. Thank you for spending time with me, talking to me, inviting me to things (even if I don't always make it) and considering me your friend.
- I am thankful for you, my blog readers. I love writing this blog and knowing that someone reads it and (hopefully) enjoys it, makes it all the more worthwhile. Your comments always make my day :)
There are a lot of things I am thankful for too;
- My 'job', as having a job that pays is not always easy to come by at the moment and my job allows me enough freedom to work from home and choose my own hours (within reason). I don't always actually enjoy it, but I know I could be in a much worse position.
- Having a home, food on my table, hot water in my bath and the ability to treat myself to a few luxuries every now and again.
- Even little things, like music, that can pick me up when I'm feeling low or chill me out if I'm super stressed.
I don't want to go on too much and get too sappy about all this. Basically, I am thankful for my life and all the things in it and everyone I encounter and communicate with.
Pete and I had a little Thanksgiving dinner this evening that was so lovely. I cooked it all and it brought me so much joy :)
|Lemon and Rosemary Chicken |
(I know Thanksgiving is meant to be Turkey, but there were only two of us, so a chicken seemed more sensible)
|Corn Bread Chilli Muffins|
|Betty's Homemade Stuffing|
|Thanksgiving Dinner Table|
|Carving the Chicken|
|Sticky Butterscotch Pudding|
|Alf all dressed up for Thanksgiving :)|
I'll try and post the recipes up tomorrow.
Thanksgiving has definitely put a smile on my face :)
Hope you have had a good day and have something to be Thankful for.