"Betty Leopard": How should I feel about Anti-Wrinkle Creams?

Friday, 13 January 2012

How should I feel about Anti-Wrinkle Creams?

If you're a regular reader, you'll know that I'm 26 (rapidly heading towards 27) and have a bit of an obsession with my skin and how a 26-year-old should be looking after theirs.
I've touched on the idea of more 'grown up' skin care before, and speculated about using anti-ageing creams, although, as yet, I've still not bought one. However, as a result of my beauty box subscriptions, I am increasingly getting the feeling that the beauty industry is strongly of the opinion that someone my age should definitely be using some sort of fancy potion to ward off any future signs of ageing. To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about this.

A selection of the anti-ageing product samples I have been given
The angry, self-righteous feminist in me wants to scream and shout about how the media/beauty industry shouldn't dictate what beauty is, what I should look like or what I should plaster on my skin, and when. Surely, my ageing status and desire/requirement to use any beauty product is my own decision? Then there's the more, rational and realistic (but still feminist) side of me that wants to look my best now and in the future, accepts that anti-wrinkle creams will likely play a part in that at some point sooner or later and that my beauty knowledge can be somewhat lacking.
Up until now, I've put all my anti-ageing samples to one side and ignored them, clinging on to my right to be youthful, young-at-heart and not having to think about wrinkles. But now I'm getting paranoid, if these people who know about beauty products think I should be using something in the anti-ageing line, maybe I should be. Maybe, if I don't start soon, I'll look like one of those wrinkly dogs by the time I'm 40! Maybe it's already too late!

Picture from Pinterest
Ok, so I'm not quite that paranoid yet, but I have decided to start giving the creams a try. Unfortunately, as these treatments are meant to be pre-emptive, it's kind of hard to judge their effects. Plus, as I'm only going to be using samples, I'll be chopping and changing products, so I've no idea if they're still going to work.

Do any of you use any sort of anti-ageing product? What do you use and when did you start?

To be honest, if I had any spare money to be spending on these things, I'd probably just get something from the Boots Protect and Perfect range, as I've heard good things about that. For now, random samples of otherwise expensive products is all I've got.

Love,
Betty
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I do love your comments so please feel free to leave one :)