"Betty Leopard": The secret to Pure & Clear skin?

Thursday, 10 May 2012

The secret to Pure & Clear skin?

About a month ago I splashed a bit of cash and overhauled my skincare regime. Again. While I have been finding progressively better products, I still can't help wondering if there's something even better out there!

While browsing on Boots.com I saw a banner ad for Nelsons' Pure & Clear range. I wasn't familiar with Nelsons', let alone the Pure & Clear products, but the advert promised blemish control and improved skin for all ages. As that's pretty much what I've been looking for, a non-teenage-salicylic-acid-filled product range to help keep my skin looking fresh and blemish free.

I bought the Purifying Daily Facial Wash and Balancing Moisturiser. 
Nelsons' products all seem to be based on natural plant extracts, and the Pure & Clear products are no different. 
The products don't contain many of the common artificial cosmetic ingredients, including Parabens, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate and Polyethylene Glycol. Instead they utilise plant ingredients - the facial wash has a seaweed base - and extracts including tea tree, arnica, hypericum and calendula.
The products are also not tested on animals.




I've been very happy with the products and really think they have made a difference to my skin. 

I've been using the face wash every morning and the moisturiser whenever I'm not wearing make-up. I did try the moisturiser under make-up, but it made for a lousy base for foundation. It does moisturise well, my skin has been very soft and not at all dry, but it is oil free and absorbs really thoroughly so leaves your skin surface quite dry, in a matte way. That's great when I'm not wearing foundation, but gave me absolutely nothing to work with when applying foundation.

Without the foaming effect of the sodium lauryl sulphate, the face wash doesn't foam up, which takes a bit of getting used to if you normally use very foamy products. The foaming usually has nothing to do with how effective a product is, and this face wash certainly leaves my face feeling clean and well cleansed without it. The texture is a little strange, a bit more gelatinous than most face washes, due to being seaweed based, but not strange in a horrible way. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and not dried out.

Both products smell reasonably strongly of tea tree, which might put some people off, but I don't mind it too much (especially if that's all I have to put up with the get the great results!).

I have also been using Olay Daily Facial Cloths in the evening, instead of the face wash. Not that the face wash isn't good enough to use morning and evening; I just liked the idea of very mild daily exfoliation, again to help prevent my skin getting congested and blemish-y. 

The three products in combination seem to have worked wonders for me. My skin isn't 100% blemish free, I still get the odd couple here and there, but generally a lot fewer than I was getting. Areas which used to be quite congested are also looking better.


Hope you've been keeping well while I've been such a bad blogger :/
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I do love your comments so please feel free to leave one :)