"Betty Leopard": Nelly.com High Heel Tour: Southampton

Saturday, 30 June 2012

Nelly.com High Heel Tour: Southampton

Nelly.com is a clothing retailer that originated in Sweden but has recently made the leap over to the UK. I wasn't actually massively familiar with the brand, other than having heard a few things on Twitter, but earlier this week I was invited to a launch event being held in Southampton as part of a series of events being held all over the country as part of the brands UK launch. With the promise of free shoes, I was powerless to resist!


I wasn't really sure what to expect from the night. Normally there's a lot of hype around these events on twitter and blogs, but I couldn't find anyone saying anything about this one. Consequently, turn out seemed quite low. Free shoes were only available to the first 150 guests, but I'm pretty sure there weren't even that many girls there.


Photo taken from Nelly High Heels Facebook page

Inside the event we were set loose amongst glass cases of shoes from which we could pick our three favourite styles to have a chance of receiving one of the pairs for free (depending on availability).
The shoes were lovely, and looked even more glamorous displayed in their big glass cases. It would be an exaggeration to say I loved all the shoes on show, but it was hard to narrow my choices down to just three pairs!

My first choice was the spiked pair, second from left :)


In addition to the shoes, we got free cocktails and a goody bag that contained a Maybeline gel eyeline, lacey thong and a £20 voucher for One Piece onesies (one of the event sponsors). One of my friends didn't want her eyeliner and I don't wear thongs, so we traded those ;)

Beyond the shoes on display, the opportunity to try on a One Piece onesie and a compeition between three girls to design a pair of shoes, there wasn't really much to the event. There is part of me that would like to say they should have put more effort into promoting the event, getting bloggers involved and in terms of things to do there, but I don't want to seem ungrateful when I actually had a fun night with friends that didn't cost me a penny and gave me free eyeliner and shoes!

Long Island Iced Tea
Two Cosmopolitans :)

I would definitely recommend you have a look at the Nelly website, particularly their shoes. They had a huge variety of styles to chose from and prices range from very reasonable to the high-end luxury level! I didn't get my hands on any, so can't really speak for their quality, but they definitely looked good. I'll let you know what I think when I receive my free pair :)

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I do love your comments so please feel free to leave one :)