"Betty Leopard": My Fickle Face: Soap & Glory

Friday, 20 July 2012

My Fickle Face: Soap & Glory

I have had a bit of a revelation on the matter of skin care.


Regular readers will already be aware of my slight obsession with the condition of my skin and the multitude of products available claiming to improve it! I have long been searching for that miracle product, or range of products, that will give me the gorgeous, blemish free, perfectly moisture balanced, glowing complexion of my dreams.


But, this recent revelation has shown my quest to be entirely misguided. It would seem that my skin, instead of needing one perfect product, actually responds better when I vary the products I use to cleanse, exfoliate and moisturise.


Almost no matter what products I was using, no matter how much they had improved my skin when I first used them; if I stuck to the same ones for 5-7 days or more, I would get blemishes cropping up in the usual places (forehead, chin and the sides of my nose, classic T zone afflictions!). However, changing between three or four products every two or three days seems to be noticeably reducing the frequency and severity of my break-outs!


It is largely due to my, now diminishing, beauty box subscriptions that I have accumulated a good variety of skin care products to dip in and out of in order to make this discovery. However, I am not solely reliant on beauty boxes (which is probably best as I'm distinctly losing my enthusiasm for them) and I have ventured out to Boots and picked up some proper products to add to my rotation.


At the moment Boots have a 3 for 2 offer on indulgent bathing that includes a lot of Soap & Glory products. I really like Soap & Glory, from the styling and packaging to the scents, product names, and also the fact that every product of theirs I've ever used has worked really well (without being ridiculously expensive)!
I picked up Face, Soap and Clarity 3 in 1 Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash (£7), The Greatest Scrub of All Facial Exfoliator (£9) and  The Fab Pore Intensive Action Pore Refining Facial Peel (£8).



Unsurprisingly, none of these products have disappointed :)
All three products are easy to use, smell great and leave my skin feeling amazingly clean and smooth. I've been using the face wash morning and night about 4 or 5 days a week (usually with a gap somewhere in the middle to keep my variety method going), the exfoliator once or twice a week in the evening and the peel no more than once a week. So far so good, with the exception of one massive spot that popped up in my eyebrow, I haven't had any major blemish complaints for about two weeks now.


I would definitely buy all three products again; Face, Soap and Clarity cleanses really well without being drying, The Greatest Scrub of All is a gentle exfoliator with small grains but still does a great job at making skin look and feel cleaner and fresher and, although I don't have particularly large pores generally, The Fab Pore definitely makes my skin feel less oily and very soft.


Although it doesn't have anything to do with the effectiveness I love the pink and turquoise colour combination of Face, Soap and Clarity too!


Depending on my finances, and whether the offer is still running at Boots, I might try out some different products from the Soap & Glory range too. I could really do with some more Righteous Butter.


Has anyone come across anything new in the way of skincare recently?


Love

6 comments:

  1. I will have to try these lovely - I swear by Organic Surge face wash and Nourish products - they are fab!

    Eda ♥

    Candyfloss Curls, Cupcakes & Couture ♥

    Follow me on twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had a look at Organic Surge, looks good, might be next on my list to try out!
      x

      Delete
  2. I am glad I am not the only one with this variety system! I first thought I am paranoid when discovering my skin LOVES a products for a specific amount of time before it changes into absolut hatred, so I am basically doing the same as you and using products on and off and my skin is so much happier! Who knows...
    I would love to try these products especially the scrub! Packaging is lovely :) Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah I thought I was quite abnormal at first! So much beauty advice promotes having a regular routine, but I guess variety really is the spice of life :)
      x

      Delete
  3. Hey! I've tagged you for the Liebster Award! Check out my latest blog post for more information! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you!
      I'll have a look into that :)
      x

      Delete

Thank you for reading. I do love your comments so please feel free to leave one :)