"Betty Leopard": New Hair

Tuesday, 9 October 2012

New Hair

So, despite my previous determination to grow my hair, about a month ago it all got too much for me so I rang my hairdresser and had the whole lot chopped off.

My hair is really thick and as it got longer I just found it harder to manage the condition and the style. I hadn't actually intended to have so much taken off, but when I spoke to my hairdresser we both came to the conclusion that this style is just me, so we went with it.


I do love a good undercut - easy to manage and but it still reasonably out of the ordinary and makes a good impact. I do miss being able to do things like victory rolls, but it seems to be growing at a rate of knots, so I'll probably be able to do them again soon!

A few days after the cut, just as I was planning on putting some more interesting colour in myself, I got a call from my hairdresser who was in need of a colour model! Perfect timing. Amazing colour for free. Honestly, my hairdresser is so good I usually don't have to give her much in the way of instruction - she just does her thing and I don't think I've ever been unhappy with the results :) I obviously jumped at the offer.

She was very excited about a new turquoise they had, so created something glorious based around that.


I love it. I think the turquoise and blue colours do a lot for my eyes. Plus, I love wearing my bright pink Gosh lipstick with it - it's definitely got me noticed :) (Reminds me, I need to try and replace that lipstick soon).

The colour is from Elumen by Goldwell - it's not supposed to fade like other colours, especially bright fashion colour like these. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed though as I do think these have faded over the last few weeks though. My roots are already coming through though, a major downside of such a short style, so I am planning to remove the blue, bleach my roots and then go for something different, probably pink.

It feels so good to have colour in my hair again. I'm really not looking forward to finishing my PhD and having to get a real job where I expect I'll have to have boring hair :(

Don't suppose any of you have jobs that allow brightly coloured hair do you?

Love


6 comments:

  1. I forgot to tell you yesterday (craft event, Nazneen the Girl Who Can't Tie Her Laces) - how amazing your hair looks! Can I ask who your hairdresser is? Since moving here I haven't found *the* one yet (though Cream are pretty good).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nazneen!
      I get my hair done at Lisa Edwards, it's in the city centre but down past East Street. They're really nice and have always done a good job for me :)
      x

      Delete
  2. I love the turquoise and haircut! Looks amazing with your eyes. If you have used shampoo, it'll take out color real fast no matter how good the dye supposedly is.

    Remember you can always buy a cheapo wig to wear to work :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I always thought about getting a wig if all my hair fell out from the bleaching, hadn't considered it for covering up the colour!
      x

      Delete
  3. LOVE this look! Your blog is so quirky and fun. I've followed your blog and was wondering if you'd take a peek on mine and perhaps follow me back please eheh
    Thanks
    Rachael
    xxx
    http://thenew62.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I will head over and check out your blog :)
      x

      Delete

Thank you for reading. I do love your comments so please feel free to leave one :)