"Betty Leopard": Dresses for December #4

Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Dresses for December #4

So I've made it through three days of work and managed to keep up my good intentions of daily blogging - although I must admit I nearly didn't make this one. Unsurprisingly, I'm pretty tired but I was expecting it to be worse.

Today's Dress for December is from a brand I really love - Collectif. I've featured them before with this cute pair of leopard print capri pants that I still adore. They have a lot of great dresses (and more besides), mostly in vintage 1940s/1950s inspired styles - however, this one really stood out to me as it's a bit different from the other dresses on offer.


I'm not actually a big Downton Abbey fan, I've only seen a few episodes, but I'm increasingly attracted to the 1920s era style of dress. I think this dress is a perfect example of understated glamour, not over-the-top or flashy, but simple, sophisticated and elegant. I really like the simple and classic styling here with pearls and awesome vintage hair.
I'm not totally sure how the low rise belt would look on me, I usually go for a much more defined waist in a dress, but I'd like to give this look a try.

This dress comes in at £47.50, which I think is totally worth it. If I had the money I would definitely buy this dress - it's another one I could easily wear to the office or dress up in the evening. 

If you are taken by today's offering then you can check it out, and Collectif's other offerings here.

I hope you're all surviving your weeks too.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I do love your comments so please feel free to leave one :)